1. From a seated position bring the bottoms of the feet together in towards the hips with the knees bent out to the sides.
2. Lean back to lift the heels off the floor. Slide the arms underneath the knees, going from the insides of the legs out.
3. Place the arms so the elbows are under the knees. Staring at a point on the floor for balance, bring the heels together, let the index finger and thumb lightly touch and spread the other fingers and toes wide apart.
4. Lift the chest forward and the crown of the head up towards the ceiling. If possible, close the eyes and bring your awareness to the crown chakra.
5. Breathe and hold for 2-6 breaths.
6. To release: slowly release the arms and exhale the feet back to the floor.
Benefits + Contraindications
Benefits: Flowering lotus opens the hips and shoulders and improves balance, concentration and focus.
Contraindications: Recent or chronic injury to the knees, hips, arms or elbows.