1. From High Lunge with the left foot forward, inhale and step forward into the left foot, straightening the left leg. Straighten the right leg up parallel to the floor.
Vira Bhava Yoga at Brevard Yoga Center
A radical recalibration of your life and experience in the world.
2. Staring at a point on the floor, place the left palm directly under the left shoulder and carefully bring the right hand to the right hip. Roll the right hip up and back so the hips face the side wall.
3. Inhale the right fingertips up towards the ceiling. Turn the head to face the side wall. Work on turning the whole torso to face the side wall.
4. Breathe and hold for 3-5 breaths.
5. To release: exhale and slowly bring both hands back to the floor and step the foot back into High Lunge.
6. Repeat on other side.
Benefits + Contraindications
Benefits: Half Moon pose improves balance, focus, concentration, and confidence. This posture opens the hips and strengthens the ankles, knees and lower body.
Contraindications: Recent or chronic injury to the legs, hips, shoulders or back.
Modifications + Variations
Modifications: A) Use a yoga brick under the hand. B) Practice against a wall, leaning the back, head and legs against the wall for support.
Variations: Have the lower hand 1-2 inches above the floor balancing completely on the standing leg.