1. From Table pose, exhale reach the right foot up towards the ceiling with the knee bent and the spine gently arching.
2. Staring at a point straight ahead, shift your weight into your right hand and carefully reach the left hand to hold onto the inside of the right ankle.
3. With both arms straight, gently kick the right foot into the left arm to lift the leg higher.
4. Breathe and hold for 2-4 breaths.
5. To release: exhale the arm and leg back down to the floor into Table pose.
6. Repeat on other side.
Benefits + Contraindications
Benefits: One Handed Tiger pose stretches the shoulder and front of the thigh, strengthens the arms and tonifies the kidneys. This posture is increases energy and stimulates the endocrine system (adrenal glands).
Contraindications: Recent or chronic injury to the back, hips, shoulders or knees.
Modifications + Variations
Modifications: Place a folded blanket under the knees to protect them from pressure and stress.
Variations: This pose is a variation of Tiger pose.