1. From a standing position with the legs 3 feet apart as in Five Pointed Star, turn the right toes to the right wall and the left toes slightly inwards. Turn the torso to face the right wall, twisting at the hips.
2. Bring the left hand down to the floor, and if possible crossing to the right side of the right foot. Reach the right hand up towards the ceiling, bringing the arms into a straight line, with the shoulders one on top of each other. Look at the right wall or up at the ceiling.
3. Press into the feet, pulling up the knee caps, keeping the legs strong and straight.
4. Breathe and hold for 3-6 breaths.
5. To release: inhale pressing into the feet, lifting up with the left hand and untwisting the hips moving back into 5 pointed star.
6. Repeat on other side.
Benefits + Contraindications
Benefits: Revolved triangle improves flexibility in the hips, shoulders, legs and back. Revolved triangle improves balance, focus and core body strength.
Contraindications: Recent or chronic injury to the hips, back or shoulders.
Modifications + Variations
Modifications: Hold the lower hand on the ankle or on a yoga block.