1. From Mountain pose, slightly bend the right knee shifting your weight to the left foot. Stare at a point on the floor or in front of you for balance.
2. Inhale and lift the right foot up, interlace the right middle and index finger around the right big toe. Bring your left hand on the left hip. Roll the shoulders down and back and press the chest open.
3. Slowly inhale and begin to straighten the right leg out in front of you, towards the front wall. Press out through the heel, gently pull back on the toe and press the right shoulder blade towards the back wall.
4. Breathe and hold for 3-6 breaths, keeping your gaze locked onto one point.
5. To release: slowly exhale, release the arms and slowly lower the leg to the floor into Mountain pose.
6. Repeat on the other side.
Benefits + Contraindications
Benefits: Extended Hand to Toe pose improves balance, focus and coordination, opens the hips and stretches the legs.
Contraindications: Recent or chronic injury to the legs, arms or shoulders.
Modifications + Variations
Modifications: Use a yoga strap looped around the foot and held with the hand.