1. From Table position, tuck the toes under and walk the hands in towards the feet, keeping the knees bent and bringing the hips pressed down towards the heels in a squatting position.
2. Walk the feet a little further apart until the torso is not resting against the thighs and the feet are flat on the floor.
3. Keep your hands on the floor in front of you as you slowly extend and straighten the right leg, pressing out through the heel. Let the hips sink down towards the floor.
4. Breathe and hold for 1-3 breaths.
5. To release: slowly slide the extended leg back into a squatting position.
6. Repeat on other side.
Benefits: Extended leg squat opens the hips and stretches the backs of the legs.
Contraindications: Recent or chronic injury to the knees, legs or hips.
Modifications: Place yoga blocks under the hands.