No Flash Player plugin installed! Please visit Adobe.com to update your browser's plugin.
1. Lying on your back, inhale the right knee in towards the chest. Interlace the fingers and inch or two below the kneecap.
2. Tuck the chin into the chest with the head on the floor. Gently pull the knee into the chest using the arms, avoiding the ribcage.
3. Press the shoulders and the back of the neck down into the floor, keep the elbows close to the sides of the body. Relax the legs, feet and hips.
4. Breathe and hold for 4-8 breaths, breathing deeply into the belly, actively pressing it against the thighs on the inhalation.
5. To release: exhale and release the arms and leg to the floor.
6. Repeat on other side.
Benefits: Half Wind Relieving posture improves digestion and elimination as well as stretching the low back and lengthening the spine.
Contraindications: Recent abdominal surgery, hernia.
Variations: Full Wind Relieving pose.