Costa Rica Adventure Excursions
You will have an opportunity to take a adventure excursion mid-week during the yoga retreat. You can book these upon your arrival, but we recommend that you contact us to book these excursions in advance.
Rafting Rio Balsa Class 2 & 3 – Half-day
• Professional experienced bilingual guides
• Opportunity to see monkeys, sloths and tropical birds
• Only 30 minutes from La Fortuna
Challenge yourself as you paddle through fun and safe rolling rapids with names like Morning Coffee & Rock around the Croc and then play around in tranquil river pools in an isolated rainforest river canyon.
Your professional, experienced bilingual guides will give you a safety talk and paddling instruction, life jackets, helmets, and then you’re off!
Hopefully you’ll get to see lots of wildlife like monkeys, sloths and tropical birds such as ospreys, oropendolas and toucans. This unique river trip is the best way to combine adventure and nature.
Duration — 4.5 Hours
Recommended Ages — 10 to 55
Price from — $ 65
• 6 waterfall repels ranging from 15 to 200 ft.
• Professional instructors
• High-Quality technical climbing gear
Near the Arenal Volcano lies a rugged, mountainous terrain ideal for incredible canyoning options and huge, breathtaking waterfalls! This is a unique, multi-sport adventure that combines rappelling, down-climbing, and river tracing, in a deep, tropical canyon. This is an experience of a lifetime!
Imagine yourself in the midst of thick rainforest at the top of a magical canyon full of tropical waterfalls with surprises each step of the way. Prepare to get wet! Your guides will start off with a thorough safety talk to explain important rappelling and down-climbing techniques. You will be provided high-quality technical climbing gear such as a harness, helmet, gloves and you will get to practice your first descent on a mini 15-ft waterfall, just to get the hang of things. Each decent starts from a sturdy government-approved platform. Waterfall repels range from 15 to 200 ft.
Duration — 4 hours
Recommended Ages — 13 to 55
Price from — $ 90
Canopy Zip Line Tour
• Fly above the treetops on this high adrenaline zipline tour.
• Half-day tour includes transport, bilingual guide, and quality equipment.
• Tours vary in length, difficulty level, and features.
Duration — 2 to 5 hours
Price from — $ 45 to $70
Horseback Riding to Arenal Volcano
• Well-trained, healthy horses take you through various terrains including the beautiful rainforest, across small rivers, and to the look out point of the ever-active Arenal Volcano.
• See an amazing sample of wildlife along the way.
• Adaptable for all ability levels.
Duration — 4 hours
Price from — $ 45 to $ 55
Arenal Volcano Hike & Hot Springs
Hike through lush rainforest with a naturalist guide close to the base of the Arenal Volcano where we wait for sunset at the observation point. As it starts to get dark, on clear nights you can see the amazing lava flow of Central America’s most-active volcano.
Includes: Transport to hot springs, guide, trail and hot springs entrance with dinner.
Duration — 2.5 to 3 hours
Price from — $ 40