1. From Table pose, walk the knees out to the sides as wide as comfortable. Bring the ankles directly behind the knees with the feet turned out towards the side walls.
2. Bring the elbows and forearms on to the floor with the palms flat on the floor or with the palms pressed together.
3. Slowly exhale pressing the hips towards the back wall until you feel a deep stretch in the hips and inner thighs.
4. Breathe and hold for 3-6 breaths.
5. To release: rock the hips forward and either bring the palms under the shoulders and press back up into Table pose, or walk the arms forward lowering the hips and whole body flat on the floor.
Benefits + Contraindications
Benefits: Downward Frog is a simple, yet very powerful posture to open and stretch the hips, groin and insides of the thighs.
Contraindications: Recent or chronic injury to the knees, hips, or legs.
Modifications + Variations
Modifications: Place a folded blanket under the knees or elbows.