1. Lying on your back, inhale both knees into your chest. Bring the arms through the insides of the knees and hold on to the outside edge of each foot (pinkie toe side) with each hand.
2. Tuck the chin into the chest with the head on the floor. Press the sacrum and tailbone down into the floor as you press the heels up and pull back with the arms.
Viewing ads supports YogaBasics. Remove ads with a membership. Thanks!
3. Press the shoulders and the back of the neck down into the floor, trying to get the back and whole spine flat to the floor. If you want a deeper stretch in the hips, let the legs open a bit wider.
4. Breathe and hold for 4-8 breaths.
5. To release: exhale and release the arms and legs to the floor.
Benefits + Contraindications
Benefits: Joyful baby pose releases the low back, lengthens and realigns the spine, strengthens the legs and opens the hips.
Contraindications: Recent or chronic injury or inflammation to the legs, shoulders or neck.
Disclosure: YogaBasics.com participates in several affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. When you click on external links, we may receive a small commission, which helps us keep the lights on.