1. On your hands and knees in Table pose, step the right foot forward between the two hands, with the knee directly over the ankle.
2. With the legs grounding into the floor, place the hands on the bent knee. Straighten the arms slightly to draw the torso back. Relax the shoulders down and draw the shoulder blades towards the spine to lift the chest.
3. Inhale the arms slowly up over the head in an H position or with the palms together. If you wish to take the pose deeper, look up and arch back.
4. Breathe and hold for 2-6 breaths.
5. To release: exhale and bring the palms back to the floor on opposite sides of the right foot and step the right foot back into Table pose.
6. Repeat on other side.
Benefits + Contraindications
Benefits: This pose tones the whole body, strengthens the wrists, and opens the shoulders and hips. Bird that lives on raindrops pose also improves focus, balance and concentration.
Contraindications: Recent or chronic injury to the arms, hips, ankles or shoulders.
Modifications + Variations
Modifications: A) Place a folded blanket under the knees. B) Keep the hands on the bent knee.
Variations: This is an easier variation of Warrior I pose.
Disclosure: YogaBasics.com participates in several affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. When you click on external links, we may receive a small commission, which helps us keep the lights on.