1. Seated in Bound Angle or Easy pose, extend the right leg out 45 degrees towards the corner of the room. Bring the left foot in close to the hips. Side the right arm over the right leg with the right palm facing up.
2. Inhale reach the left fingers up towards the ceiling, lifting out of the waist.
3. Exhale and arch over to the right, reaching the left fingers towards the right foot, bringing the left arm directly over the left ear.
Viewing ads supports YogaBasics. Remove ads with a membership. Thanks!
4. Keep the left shoulder pressing back, allowing the chest to stay open and facing forward. Keep the chin off the chest, looking forward or up at the ceiling. Hold on to the foot with one or both hands.
5. Breathe and hold for 2-6 breaths.
6. To release: inhale and reach the left fingers up towards the ceiling, exhale release the arm down.
7. Repeat on other side.
Benefits + Contraindications
Benefits: Revolved head to knee posture opens the hips and deeply stretches the side of the body from the hips to the fingertips.
Contraindications: Recent or chronic injury to the knees, hips, arms or shoulders.
Modifications + Variations
Modifications: Use a yoga strap around the foot holding on with one or both hands.
Variations: A) Reach the bottom arm to the opposite knee or thigh. B) Externally rotate the bent knee and raw the heel of the bent knee to the buttock.
Use one or more of the following postures to build a sequence leading up to this pose: Seated Head to Knee, Bound Angle, Double Pigeon, One Leg Boat.