1. From Mountain pose, step the legs 3-4 feet apart into Five Pointed Star. Inhale the arms behind you and interlace the fingers together. Draw the shoulder blades towards each other and lift the chest and gaze up towards the ceiling.
2. Exhale and hinge at the hips coming forward with the chest, reaching the arms up and forward. Let the head hang relaxed from the neck.
Viewing ads supports YogaBasics. Remove ads with a membership. Thanks!
3. Keep the arms and legs straight. If you feel the weight back in the heels try and shift your weight forward slightly.
4. Breathe and hold for 4-8 breaths.
5. To release: keep the shoulder blades squeezed together as you inhale back up, taking a deep breath into the belly and chest. Exhale release the arms.
Benefits + Contraindications
Benefits: Standing Yoga Seal improves mental functions, harmonizes the connection between the heart and mind, opens the shoulders, stretches the upper back and legs.
Contraindications: Unmedicated high blood pressure, recent or chronic injury to the legs, back, neck or shoulders.
Modifications + Variations
Modifications: A) Hold a yoga strap between the hands. B) Step the feet wider apart to make the pose easier, step the close to make it more challenging.