1. From Five Pointed Star, turn the right toes to the right wall and bend the right knee directly over the right ankle.
2. Turn the hips and the shoulders towards the front and reach out through the finger tips, reaching towards the side walls. Turn and look at the right middle finger.
Viewing ads supports YogaBasics. Remove ads with a membership. Thanks!
3. Press into the feet, keeping the legs strong. Sink the hips down towards the floor, and reach the crown of the head up to lengthen the spine. Relax the shoulders down and back, pressing the chest forward.
4. Breathe and hold for 3-6 breaths.
5. To release: straighten the legs and turn the feet forward coming back into 5 pointed star.
Benefits + Contraindications
Benefits: Warrior II strengthens the legs, opens the hips and chest . Warrior II develops concentration, balance and groundedness. This pose improves circulation and respiration and energizes the entire body.
Contraindications: Recent or chronic injury to the hips, knees or shoulders.
Modifications + Variations
Modifications: Place hands on hips.