1. From Mountain pose, step the right foot a foot lengths forward and shift all of your weight onto this leg.
2. Inhale the arms over your head and interlace the fingers, pointing the index finger up.
3. As you exhale, lift the left leg up and out, hinging at the hips to lower the arms and torso down towards the floor.
4. Look down at the floor and stare at a point for balance. Reach out through the left toes and the crown and fingers making one straight line.
5. Breathe and hold for 2-6 breaths.
6. To release: inhale the arms up to lower the leg back to the floor and step both feet together back into Mountain pose.
7. Repeat on the other side.
Benefits + Contraindications
Benefits: Warrior III improves balance, memory and concentration, and tones and invigorates the whole body.
Contraindications: Recent or chronic injury to the legs, hips, back or shoulders.
Modifications + Variations
Variations: A) Hold on to opposite elbows with the arms over your head. B) Bring the arms out to the sides. C) Place your hands on your hips.
Disclosure: YogaBasics.com participates in several affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. When you click on external links, we may receive a small commission, which helps us keep the lights on.