This week’s Yoga Basics Link Roundup is a hodgepodge of yoga related news, entertainment and politics. In the links below, you’ll find everything from controversy, science and health, to inspiration, excitement and full-fledged laughter!
• Yoga in a Studio vs. Yoga at Home – Some simple yet sound advice for starting a home practice: “…don’t worry about elaborate sequencing or a lengthy practice. Just show up on the mat and know you want to practice.”
Viewing ads supports YogaBasics. Remove ads with a membership. Thanks!
• Breaking: Kausthub Desikachar ‘Sincerely Sorry,’ Finds ‘Legal Closure’ in New Letter Addressing Sexual Abuse Allegations – The blog title sums this up well, and this post has all the links to get you caught up on this lesser known yoga teacher controversy.
• 6 Ways to Bring Gratitude Not Attitude and Share the Love in Your Yoga Class – Simple tips to make your yoga class experience better for yourself, your fellow yogis and your teacher.
• Beyond the Studio: Yoga as a Public Health Strategy – An interesting article on how my friend, a local yoga teacher, trains therapists to incorporate yogic techniques in their clinical practices.
• Super Soul Sunday: Pema Chödrön – Whoa! Oprah’s interview with Tibetan Buddhist nun and best selling author, Pema Chödrön, runs this Sunday, October 19!
• 18 Science-Based Reasons to Try Loving-Kindness Meditation – My three favorite reasons are: “7. Activates empathy & emotional processing in the brain; 10. Increases telomere length—a biological marker of aging; and 14. Decreases your bias towards others.”
• Funny “Angry Yoga” Video – “Reach up to the sky … like you are at the airport getting a pat-down.”
Disclosure: YogaBasics.com participates in several affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. When you click on external links, we may receive a small commission, which helps us keep the lights on.