1. From Mountain pose with feet together, bend the knees and allow the heels to lift off the floor as you lower the hips to the heels and bring the fingertips to the floor.
2. Draw the knees down and in towards each other. Stare at a point on the floor in front of you.
3. Keeping your gaze fixed, slowly inhale the arms together in prayer position in front of your heart. Keep the shoulders down and back and the sternum pressing forward.
4. Stay here or you can challenge yourself by A) slowly inhale the arms up over your head with the palms together and/or B) open the knees wide and bring the heels and feet together.
5. Breathe and hold for 2-5 breaths.
6. To release: slowly lower the hands to the floor and A) Step the feet back into Downward Dog, B) Lower the hips to the floor into a seated position, C) Lower the hips and roll onto the back into a supine pose.
Benefits + Contraindications
Benefits: Tiptoe pose stretches the quadriceps, strengthens the hip adductors and improves memory, concentration and balance.
Contraindications: Recent or chronic injury to the knees, ankles or feet.